The Church of Our Savior is noted in the National Register nomination as "an excellent example of small-scale Gothic architecture designed by noted Philadelphia architect George W. Hewitt in 1880." The church campus includes a 1892 parish hall and 1912 rectory. The church historically served a congregation linked to the nearby shipbuilding and maritime industries. The buildings fell into a deteriorated condition after the Episcopal Diocese abandoned the buildings. The applicant and a local community development organization purchased the complex in 2007.
The Trust grant helped fund structural stabilization, exterior restoration, and interior rehabilitation of the former chapel and parish hall for use as a maritime museum and community space.
For more information, visit: http://www.camdenshipmuseum.org/