Built in 1756, the tavern house is an outstanding example of vernacular Georgian style. Typical elements of this style incorporated in the tavern include the use of brick in the Flemish bond, wood paneled shutters, a gabled roof with wood shingles, brick chimneys, and a wood shingled pent roof. The tavern was the primary center of communications for nearby residents in the early days of Gloucester Township, serving as the site for elections and town meetings from 1757-1770.
The grant funded urgently needed masonry restoration and a wooden shake roof. The Gabreil Daveis Tavern continues to operate as a historic house museum.
For more information, visit: http://www.glotwp.com/history/index.html