John Glover, a local farmer and reported master fuller constructed the mill in 1776 and hired Samuel Brown, a Haddonfield cloth weaver to manage the site. The Glover Mill is an early example of a site that combined the fulling (cleaning) of cloth with dyeing and pressing. The mill property remained in the Glover family until the early 20th century when it was sold to the Borough for use as a sewage treatment facility. The mill building is no longer extant, but remnants of its foundation remain.
The grant will help fund an archaeological investigation, preparation of landscape plans, interpretive signage, lesson plans, and heritage tourism recommendations.
For more information, visit: