Governor Chris Christie • Lt.Governor Kim Guadagno
Print    Close
James Wilson Marshall House
James Wilson Marshall House
Garden State Historic Preservation Trust Fund
Capital Preservation Grant Level II
Grant Award:
$10,070 (2000)
Grant Recipient:
Lambertville Historical Society
County:
Hunterdon
Municipality:
Lambertville

The James Wilson Marshall House is a simple, two-story Federal-style brick building located on the main commercial street in downtown Lambertville, a historic town on the Delaware River. Marshall spent his youth in the house before moving west, where his discovery of gold in California in 1848 changed the course of American history. The State of New Jersey owns the building and leases it to the Lambertville Historical Society.

The Trust grant helped fund replacement of the cedar shake roof and repairs to the drainage systems.

For more information, visit: 
http://lambertvillehistoricalsociety.org/james-wilson-marshall-house/