The small school was constructed in 1873 and has been in continuous public use since that time as a school, town hall, library, and home to the Linwood Historical Society, which now operates it as a museum. In 1939, the original cupola was removed. Other changes to the property, inside and out, have not been fully documented.
The 2009 grant helped fund the preparation of a preservation plan. The current capital grant will help fund exterior restoration of original clapboard siding and stabilization of a damaged truss.
For more information, visit: http://www.linwoodnj.org/