Governor Chris Christie • Lt.Governor Kim Guadagno
Print    Close
Millington Schoolhouse and Old Town Hall
Garden State Historic Preservation Trust Fund
Historic Site Management Grant
Grant Award:
$27,147 (2008)
Grant Recipient:
Long Hill Township
County:
Morris
Municipality:
Long Hill Township

The building was constructed as the first school for the village and is documented as standing in 1820, but may date from even earlier. After a 1933 fire, the building was repaired and expanded, and then used as the township municipal office until 2003. It was listed on Morris County’s List of Endangered Sites in 2007 and 2008.

The Trust grant helped fund the preparation of a Master Plan, a National Register nomination, and preparation of preliminary construction documents to establish project costs for rehabilitating the building for a new community use.

For more information, visit: http://www.longhillhistory.org/townhall_shorthistory.html