Governor Chris Christie • Lt.Governor Kim Guadagno
Print    Close
Mount Holly Friends Meeting House
Mount Holly Friends Meeting House
New Jersey Historic Preservation Bond Program
Grant Award:
$154,828 (1995)
Grant Recipient:
Mount Holly Monthly Meeting of Friends
County:
Burlington
Municipality:
Mount Holly Township

Erected in 1775, this meeting house is the oldest public building in the Mount Holly Historic District. The house played a key role in the Revolutionary War and was utilized by the New Jersey State Legislature when the British captured Trenton. In addition to weekly Quaker meetings, the building now hosts student historical interpretation activities, an annual Diversity Festival, musical programs, plays, art shows and workshops.

The grant funded structural repairs to the roof and first-floor framing, installation of a new slate roof and rainwater conduction system, replacement of heating and electrical systems, and selected masonry repairs.

For more information, visit: http://www.revolutionarynj.org/place/friends-meeting-house-mount-holly/