The Courthouse Annex was constructed in 1899 as the main post office for the City of Paterson. The Flemish styled building may have been based on buildings constructed in the Haarlem Market in the Netherlands. The brick and stone building includes stepped gables, stone tracery, a decorative tower, and steeply-pitched clay tiled roofs, among other elements.
The building continued to house the post office until 1932. The county acquired the building and in 1937 the building was rededicated as the Passaic County Administration Building and annexed to the adjacent county courthouse. The building continues to serve the public as a courthouse and administrative offices.
The Trust grant will help fund the preparation of a condition assessment with priority list of recommended treatments and the preparation of a maintenance plan.
For more infromation, visit: http://ettc.net/njarts/details.cfm?ID=551