Governor Chris Christie • Lt.Governor Kim Guadagno
Print    Close
Presbyterian Church of Chatham Township
Presbyterian Church of Chatham Township (Madison Masonic Lodge)
Garden State Historic Preservation Trust Fund
Historic Site Management Grant
Grant Award:
$23,557 (2005)
Grant Recipient:
Madison Masonic Lodge No. 93
County:
Morris
Municipality:
Madison

The Presbyterian Church of Chatham Township was constructed in 1825 and was converted to a Masonic Temple in 1930. The oldest known brick building in Madison Borough, it is a good example of the Wren-Gibbs form of church architecture.

The 2005 Trust grant helped fund the preparation of a preservation plan, an important document for guiding future preservation efforts at the building. Specifically, the plan addressed structural concerns associated with the foundation.

For more information, visit: http://www.madisonlodge93.com/