This ca. 1872 brownstone chapel is a key element of the Queens College Historic District on the original Rutgers University campus. It is also an excellent example of High Victorian Gothic ecclesiastical architecture. The chapel's stained glass windows contain some of the first opalescent and multicolored sheet glass manufactured in America.
The current Trust grant is helping fund window restoration based on a detailed stained glass window condition survey, and installation of protective glazing for three Tiffany Studio windows. A previous grant helped fund roofing repairs and restoration of the stained glass windows. In addition to inter-denominational services, the Chapel is frequently used for special events including lectures, musical performances, and weddings.
For more information, visit: http://www.kirkpatrickchapel.rutgers.edu/