Governor Chris Christie • Lt.Governor Kim Guadagno
Print    Close
St. Andrew's Episcopal Church, Bridgeton
St. Andrew's Episcopal Church, Bridgeton
Garden State Historic Preservation Trust Fund
Historic Site Management Grant
Grant Award:
$113,507 (2005)
Grant Recipient:
St. Andrew's Episcopal Church
County:
Cumberland
Municipality:
Bridgeton

St. Andrew's Episcopal Church was constructed in 1865 and is a good example of Gothic Revival ecclesiastical timber-frame architecture. The building's pointed arch windows, square tower, and octagonal spire exemplify the style. The original board and batten siding is covered by stucco. The tower is showing signs of detaching from the church.

The Trust grant helped fund the preparation of a structural analysis and structural condition assessment of the church and tower.

For more information, visit: http://cumberlandnjepiscopal.org/st-andrews/st-andrews-parish-history.aspx